Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's a baby...finally

As I am sure all first time parents are, we have been completely stressed about whether baby Eicher was doing ok inside as there isn't much to let you know what's happening in there. Today we got to see that we do, indeed, have a baby growing inside me. It has 2 legs, 2 feet, 2 arms, 2 hands, at least 4 fingers on each hand (2-D ultrasound doesn't allow you to see those thumbs), a stomach, a bladder, 2 kidneys, and I could go on. Baby E was extremely active this morning around 08:30 while on the ultrasound screen was up. The legs and arms were going to town. I still am amazed that you don't feel a thing even though they are going to town in there. It was making me tired.

Both Cory and I had a wonderful start to the day and I found myself smiling for no reason at all throughout my workday. Nothing could bring me down. I still feel like I'm on a fluffy cloud. It all seems very real now that it actually looks like a human being, not a turtle as my doctor said. I have a great Swiss doctor. She makes jokes in swiss German while looking at the baby. Maybe by the end of the pregnancy I will understand.

Today is also the day that we will begin letting people know that we are having a baby. My mom and grannie have been nagging us to tell the rest of the family but we really wanted to wait until we were sure that everything was going ok. Cory's parents are also getting anxious but no one could be more anxious than Cory and I. I can't wait to tell my aunts and uncles that they are going to be "GREAT" aunts and uncles. Completely unbelievable. :)

Being a labor and delivery nurse I still have no clue what to expect. Everything that is happening right now is so strange. I've felt incredibly good so far and I hope that it stays that way. I'm even beginning to feel more energetic. This part of having a baby I know nothing about and I really don't think I will remember anything helpful that I ever said to a laboring woman once those contractions start. Time will tell.

1 comment:

  1. Baby E is beautiful!! I'm so excited to follow your pregnancy on your blog.

    ReplyDelete