Tuesday, December 14, 2010
habits
I was just reading a friends blog and she was talking about habits, especially those related to sleep. We are at a cross roads with Lyla where we are ready to wean her off having a bottle at night before bed. We know she doesn't need it but it's part of the routine and routine is good... right? Well, yes routine is good but as one gets older the routine must change. I've talked to some of my friends here that breastfed until there children weaned themselves but, unfortunately, I wasn't able to continue full-time breastfeeding until Lyla weaned herself. This being said, Lyla began getting a bottle and won't drink anything but water from a cup of any kind. We've tried them all, different sippy cups, normal cups, and different cups with straws. Lyla just doesn't want anything else from a cup. I'm not complaining. I'm glad that she isn't a juice drinker but I would really like her to drink some milk so I won't feel that she needs the bottle everyday. I guess I will just vamp up on all the other calcium containing foods and keep giving her lots of water. Oh the joys of having a little one. I LOVE IT!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment