Hello to those of you who are still reading this. I know that I haven't been so great in keeping it going. I hope to become better now that we are getting settled.
Things have been going well. We now have a car, a Toyota Matrix, after a little bit of drama. We were all set to buy a used car from this guy but it ended up that he didn't own the car, was leaving the country, and we wouldn't be able to get it registered since we couldn't get the title for possibly 8 weeks. So we backed out of the deal and bought a new car instead. We decided that knowing that we would have to worry about it would be a good think since we are attempting to live with just the one car.
August was stressful but productive. Lyla and I go to Baby Boot Camp 3 times a week. We are meeting some other moms and kids and trying to take advantage of the meetups that they organize. The exercise has been great for me. I really feel so much better and have much more energy now that I'm being more active regularly. I still have anxiety about going to get groceries. Each time I get overwhelmed with choice. Choice is great but do you really need so many options for toilet paper? I saw an advertisement the other day for a cleaner that can be used for everything, kitchen counter, bathtub, stains on clothes, etc. and I wanted to immediately run out and buy it. Deciding on a kitchen and bathroom cleaner felt like a life or death decision after standing there looking at the choices for 15 minutes.
Lyla loves going to the store and sitting in the cart. She can see everyone and attempts to grab everything. She is still working on walking. She just doesn't want to let go quite yet. I feel the day is just around the corner and as excited as I am about it I wish she wasn't growing up so fast. It seems like yesterday we brought her home from the hospital and now she is almost a year old.
One of the great things about being here in Charlottesville is that Cory's brother Christian and Leigh are currently living here too. They will be here until next summer so we get to take advantage of having family very close. They offered to do some Lyla sitting and we are hoping to use their services on Friday. What are we doing to do? That is yet to be decided but will probably be a simple dinner and a movie night. The other great thing is that a ton of great musical performers come here. Considering how small the place is you would think we would have to head to DC to get some quality musical entertainment. Our first show will be LCD Soundsystem at the Charlottesville Pavilion. But for those of you who like Lady Gaga, she is here tonight. Pretty big gig for a small university town.
On Saturday the Eichers headed to the first UVA football game of the season against Richmond. We could only stay for the first half but fun was had by all and Lyla really did well. We're hoping that all the people there isn't why Lyla is now running a fever and just pooped. I would have thought that all her airplane rides would be worse for her than an open stadium with 50000 others. Who knows? UVA won and we took a nice walk through the university get to the free trolley that runs to the downtown mall. We were stressing about how to get to the game and the free trolley was fantastic and, best of all, free.
Next up is a visit from Grandma Debbie. She hits C'ville on Sunday for 5 days. I'm working on an itinerary for what to do but I have a feeling that she will just want to hang with Lyla so it won't matter what we do.
We are still working on our computer problems so it isn't so easy to post photos but I do post some to Facebook regularly so if you're on FB check it out.
Until Lyla's next nap....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm still reading! Love the updates. Did you get Lyla one of those cool cover thingies for the grocery cart?
ReplyDelete