Sunday, November 15, 2009
Relaxing Sunday
I wish I could say the this Sunday has been relaxing. It started out very nice as Lyla ate around 0530 and then slept until 0830 so I was able to get in a little extra sleep. Cory stayed up, read, and watched Lyla. After that she has been irritable. Deciphering the cries must be some kind of art form that comes with time. I was reading in a book a description of the different types of cries for hunger, boredom, pain, tiredness, etc. but I'm not recognizing them yet. We go through the checklist: dirty diaper, hold and rock, feeding, warm cherry pillow to the tummy, quiet, dark room, but sometimes nothing works. The solution this time around...the baby bjorn. I discovered this last Saturday while we were waiting for the lactation consultant and was then told by my friend Christy that the baby bjorn was her first baby's home for the first 3 months. Could be the start of a habit. Yikes! We'll see if she can be put to bed now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment