Wednesday, November 18, 2009

patience and organization

One thing Cory and I have quickly learned since having Lyla is patience. She likes to cry and for this, I think, you need a lot of patience.

The other thing is organization which I still haven't figured out yet. I cannot make an appointment because I will most certainly be late for it due to a combination of factors. Case 1, yesterdays appointment with the consulate to report her birth and apply for her passport. I needed to be there at 11:30 and left the house at 11:00. This after getting her fed, diaper changed and into the stroller and my attempt to catch the last possible tram that would get me there on time. Of course I missed that tram and then proceeded to have multiple issues getting help from someone to get on and off the trams. Case 2, I keep saying I'm going to make the trip to the office to introduce Lyla but just can't get myself showered before I just give up on that idea. :) And case 3, we've had some really pleasant weather the last couple of days. I can't get out of the door before 3pm which means I miss the sunshine everyday. I've been preferring to take a nap when Lyla is so that I can catch up on some sleep.

Otherwise we are doing really well and enjoying being a threesome. Cory went back to work full-time today and Lyla and I have survived our first full day alone. I even managed to not forget to eat, although I don't think I ate enough. I'm working on it. We have some photos to get up as well but just haven't gotten around to it. They are coming soon I promise.

And we are getting excited for the arrival of our first guests. My mom and aunt Jackie arrive on Sunday. Let the fun begin. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment