Monday, August 3, 2009

Thank goodness for weekends


This week was a long week and I was very happy to have had the weekend. I had my Glucose tolerance test on Wednesday and haven’t heard anything from the doctor so I take that as a good sign that I do not have gestational diabetes. Thank goodness. I didn’t need another reason for this baby to be any bigger. I’ve been feeling good and baby E seems to be feeling good as well. He/she is moving a lot and looks more and more like an alien trying to get out. It’s great!

Yesterday, 1 August was Switzerland’s National Day. We celebrated with our American friends Ryan, Stacey, and Chance with a brunch and a day at the outdoor pool. The food, weather and company was great. Stacey made a fantastic french toast bake and I made some homemade blueberry muffins. Stacey is also pregnant, about 7 weeks ahead of me so we had a ton to talk about. Chance kept Cory and Ryan going between the water slide, the diving board, and playing some ball game that Chance had recently got.

Thanks to the Baganz family we decided to order Domino’s pizza. It tasted so good and familiar. I certainly can’t complain about pizza here but it was nice to have a thicker crust, delivery and it came piping hot. We also got cinnastix. Makes my mouth water even though I’m stuffed right now. Baby E enjoyed it too but I think my full stomach was impeding on the decreasing space Baby E has left. After dinner we walked up a hill near our house to see if we could see the Zurich fireworks. We couldn’t see the ones over the lake but there must have been 20 other smaller shows that we could see. I’m sure most were people setting off their own but it was pretty cool none the less. The group up on the hill with us had their own fireworks as well so we definitely didn’t miss out.

Today the weather was terrible so we went to see a movie. We saw Brueno. Would I recommend it…I don’t think so. It was too over the top for me. Plus I had a guy behind me that insisted on resting his legs on my seat which made my seat vibrate each time he laughed. I did get up the courage to say something during the break but he put his legs there again and I couldn’t bring myself to ask again. It was really frustrating as I couldn’t say it in German. Damn those pregnancy hormones for getting me all riled up.

We are both dog sitting and Meerschwein (guinea pig) sitting this week so we will be kept busy taking care of all the animals. Tuesday hopes to find us at a bbq with some people Cory works with. Cross your fingers for good weather. This is the 4th August that we've spent in Switzerland and the track record for weather has been rain and cold. We're hoping for a change this year but it doesn't look good.

We also received the great news this week that we will get a visit from Elin, Fred, and Emmy in a couple of weeks. Baby E, Cory and I are really looking forward to welcoming them and hope that Emmy might be able to let us know how comfortable our new stroller is and perhaps even the new mattress. :)

1 comment:

  1. We are very excited about our visit. Emmy would love to try out the stroller - she is just about Care Bear-sized except I think her legs are a little longer. If the mattress can be lowered she would love to test that out as well. :)

    ReplyDelete