Sunday, July 26, 2009

Look Dad, she has a baby in her stomach

Baby E is now 27 weeks and 2 days and growing very fast it seems. This week has been a busy one with work getting back to normal and Cory and I trying to get things together for the big arrival. I haven't been feeling well in the morning so I made an appointment to see my doctor. Apparently the cause could be because my iron levels are low. I got my first IV of the pregnancy on Friday and will receive another on Wednesday after my Glucose Tolerance Test. I'm not looking forward to that at all. I will be at the doctors office for 4 hours having not eaten since before 10pm the night before. I'm only allowed a glass of water in the morning...

... Cory here. Thought I'd hijack a portion of this entry while Sherry is moisturizing. Don't worry, we've got time.

Mom, Dad, and Baby went for a hike today in Canton Glarus. Very nice area a little less than 2 hours from Zurich. Weather was fantastic, paragliders were out in full form, and we did a nice, easy walk out and back from the chair lift's top station. At the turnaround point we plopped down in the meadow and just kicked back for a little, enjoying life.

You should see (if all goes properly with the "techniks") a photo of A) mom, still hiking...



...as well as a photo of B) where Baby E will be sleeping (btw, we think we've got the names nailed down!)...



The crib is used, the mattress is new (picked that up yesterday), the blanket is new and made by my mother (thanks Mom!), and the Warhol-esque Joe Paterno print on the wall is from a 9th grade art project. Sherry's got some other, homespun, bright-colored decorations which we'll use to brighten up things a bit in the baby's room. I personally see no problem with having the baby sleep under Joe Pa, but we'll see what Sherry says about that. Now back to Sherry... oops, how could I forget. Christian (my brother) and Leigh are now engaged. He apparently went all romantic on us as a beach, sunset, and campfire were all involved in the successful proposal!...

...I'm back. Other than not feeling well in the AM all is well. Dr. Haag took a quick look at Baby E and all looks good. I questioned why I am bigger than a friend who is only a week behind me. She said that Baby E isn't small and that I have a lot of fluid, not abnormal, but on the high side of normal.

A funny incident occurred today while we were hiking. We were just walking along talking when we passed a little girl about 5-6 years old with her dad. She stopped just as I walked by and starred at me pointing while saying look dad, she has a baby in her. The dad was funny because he told her that was why he said "Gruezi Mittenand" which means Hello everyone. I guess this means that I'm really showing. I was a bit worried that people would give me weird looks while hiking but everyone seemed to be quite comfortable with it.

Last night we had dinner with a friend that I used to work with. Her husband asked when I was due and after I said I was just over 6 months pregnant his mouth dropped open and he said that he thought I was almost done. What is it with people? I am perfectly happy being pregnant but I don't really appreciate all the "your big" comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment